11.17.2012

Big Steps

I have been meaning to post updates because after feeling like progress had hit a plateau ALL THIS HAPPENED!!

Betsy was given steriods for her lungs and her oxygen needs went from 41% to 26%.  She is also getting to sprint on nasal cannula for 3 hours a day and is loving it!  You can tell she is so much more comfortable, thus happier and less episodes.

Dane and Estelle went down to a 1 liter cannula and can try to nurse twice a day!  To make breast feeding easier they moved their feeding tube from their mouth to their nose.  Sounds worse but the nurses said they feel it less and don't pull it out as frequently.  They also moved to CRIBS!!  They are wearing clothes like big kids too :)

The new room set up.
Photo Update (in birth order)
Dane is his new big boy bed


Modeling the hat his Dad made

Dane makes the most noises so far...lots of coos, grunts and gurgles :) 
I voiced my concern that the kids would think I never held them since I am always the one taking the pictures, so David snapped this one of me and my little man last night.
Estelle in her new crib

In her hat from Daddy.


Out of the three of them, she has the lightest hair color 

Cried the first time I saw Betsy without her CPAP (Happy tears!)
Her eyes are still puffy from the CPAP, they will go down the longer she stays off of it.
You could tell she loved the break from the hat and straps squeezing her face and head.  She threw quite a fit when they had to put them back on :(  She had tasted freedom and didn't want to go back!!
The sweet round cheeks she definitely shares with her sister :)
God is SO good!



No comments:

Post a Comment