We try really hard to remain in good spirits, keep updates positive and celebrate all of the progress our little ones are making. That is not to say that being a NICU parent is easy. It totally stinks. Going to hospital everyday stinks. (David has driven to the hospital every day since July 17. Poor guy.) Leaving without them never gets easier. Pumping every two hours is miserable. Watching the nurses meet their needs because you can't is torture. Feeling the guilt of knowing if I could have carried them longer they might not be facing as much...it's not easy at all.
David and I both kinda hit a wall last night. We are over a month in and unfortaunately we do not have any idea how much longer. Don't be alarmed, we are totally fine. Just wanted to document the whole picture. We were told a stay in the NICU is a roller coaster of emotions. That babies will take 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Well, Dane and Estelle are back on CPAP and Betsy is on antibiotics trying to fight off something.
We know this is just a bump in the road and trust God is watching over our little ones, but we are eager to have them home, safe and healthy where we can hold them and feed them and quiet their cries...even at 2 in the morning.
Prayers for strength, patience and perserverance- but mostly please just pray for our babies.
Hi Danielle,
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you remember me, but we went to BK together. I'm in the hospital on strict bedrest, which it seems you know all about. My mom, who used to substitute at All Saints, forwarded a link to you blog to me and I've been following and praying for your new little family. I'm so inspired by how positive you seem and am praying that I will have the same attitude when our son is born, which may be any day (30 weeks). I can only imagine the hardships and doubts you have at this point, but just know that you have many people praying for you and that your story is providing strength to me and many others.
Many prayers,
Jennifer Smith Lawson