12.10.2012

Welcome Home


Cute sign met us at home, hand made by our Schulte cousins!
  We bring baby Dane home TODAY!!!  Initially we had planned on yesterday, but his blood pressure has been continually high and Dr J wanted to consult with a nephrologist to come up with a plan.  So today!!  He is one day shy of 11 weeks.
Intubated.  From here to HOME in 4 days.  What a stud!!
  As far as Estelle, who came home exactly on her 10 week birthday, she is loving being home (we hope).  On Friday she had her first outing to the doctor for a weight check and she weighed 6lbs 15 oz!!!


She has been doing a lot of this :)
 We took her up the the hospital to see Bubs and Bets on Saturday.  It was crazy to have them for an extended period all in one room.  The video cuts off...but at the end I am saying "that none of them cry!"

  The most exciting thing that happened Saturday~ David's grandparents and Aunt Cinda came in town!!  We had four generations in that hospital room.  These are Great Grandma and Grandpa Damery, the Damery that is Dane's middle name :)

Gazing at Betsy
LOVE.
Great Aunt Cinda with Estelle
Great Grandma and baby Dane
Four Generations!!
GREAT Grandparents~  Love them!
Betsy is doing awesome.  I was initially devastated that her respiratory status could keep her from coming home for months.  I am still heartbroken but have tried to channel energy into making the hospital the most positive environment for her as possible.  Of course, I want to be there with her, but since David and I will be splitting time between home/work/hospital I have launched a campaign I call Operation Hold Betsy.  Because of her reflux she does SO much better if she is held upright during and after feedings.  Plus, the thought of her lying in a hospital bed crying without cuddles, interaction and someone to tell her she is loved makes me sick to my stomach.  So, a little committee has formed with the sole purpose to love on her.  So far it is doing what it can to ease my worry/guilt and Betsy is LOVING it.  I can already tell it is making a difference, maybe not in her respiratory rate, but developmentally she is improving.  She now can take feedings by mouth up to 3 times a day!!  She is a champ and has needed NO practice.  She nursed and took a bottle like she has just been dying to taste her food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment